If we divide management onto 6 different categories, that would be:
- Finance and accounting
- Strategy and organization
- Marketing and sales
- Production and operation
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Human resources and organization behavior
then HR would divides to:
- Decision making
It is worth about 3 to 5 times more than first salary of an employee to cost for a good recruitment.
Recruitment has 3 steps:
- Job : knowing about job description and what are the tasks we need him to do.
- Person: finding the candidate
- Fit : assess the job and the person
- Do we need a head 🧠who we need to think, a heart ❤️who be related to people or a hand 🖐️ to do operational tasks?
- technical techniques (Max 4) and qualifications ( gender, age, …)
- soft skills (Max 4)
How to do the interview
we have several kinds of interview and assessments. we have to consider the accuracy and cost for each.
– Structured behavioral interview that is about 50% accurate but the cost is reasonable.
– Assessment center (a process in which a group of people who are being considered for a job are given a series of tests or interviews that can last for a day or more) it has about 70% accurate. but as you can guess, the cost is high.
– Component testing scenarios. 90% accurate but who wants to join us for a limited period of time just to be tested and if they wasn’t good, we have to do it again with a lot of time cost.
The best The predictor of a person’s behavior is their behavior in the past and present
so recruitment has 3 steps:
- Before interview
- During interview
- After interview
- ✅ Behavioral with regards to the past acts.
- Tell me about a time that …
- ⭕Situational (imagine a situation that … ) it is not so good. just can use it for freshmen who has no experience to ask them behavioral questions.
- ❌Opinion (what is your opinion about …). It would be what you want to listen. not what they will do!
- ❌Brain teasers (You have a 3 gallon jug and 5 gallon jug, how do you measure out exactly 4 gallons?) what do you want to measure under lots of stress in an interview???
Try to manage the situation to be equal for all the candidates.
So start with a
– warm up
– introduce yourself and the position
– what is the purpose of this interview
– the structure of the interview
and also do this during the interview:
– take some notes
– stick to the structure
– beware of the bios
– – First impression bios
– – like me bios
– – confirmation bios