Process mining is the combination of Data mining and Business process management. It works with log files. Every log file must have:
- Case ID (order ID)
- Activity (purchased, Request, rejected, …)
- Time stamp
|Process mining||Internet of events|
|Big data||Internet of contents (google, Wikipedia)|
|Social media||Internet of people|
|Cloud||Internet of things|
|Mobility||Internet of places|
Big data issue:
- Volume (data size)
- Velocity (speed of change)
- Variety (different forms of sources)
- Veracity (uncertainty of data)
Data science questions:
- What happened
- Why did it happen
- What will happen
- What is the best that can happen?
Process mining questions:
- What is the process that people really follow?
- What are the bottlenecks in the process?
- Where do people deviate from the expected?