To connect Microsoft Excel on a Mac to a SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) cube, you need to do the following steps:
- Install the Microsoft Power Query for Excel add-in.
- Open Excel and go to the “Data” tab.
- Click on “From Other Sources” and select “From Analysis Services”
- In the “Data Connection Wizard” dialog box, enter the connection details for your SSAS server, including the server name, database name, and user credentials.
- Once you have established a connection, you can select the cube and drag and drop the dimensions and measures into your Excel worksheet to create a pivot table or pivot chart.
Note: If you are connecting to a SSAS cube for the first time, you may need to install the appropriate drivers for your version of Excel. You can find these drivers from the Microsoft website.
To install the Microsoft Power Query for Excel add-in on a Mac, follow these steps:
- Open Excel and go to the “Excel” menu.
- Select “Preferences” and then “Add-ins”.
- Click on “Excel Add-ins” in the Manage box and then click “Go”.
- In the Add-Ins box, click on “COM Add-ins” and then click “Go”.
- In the COM Add-Ins box, check the box next to “Microsoft Power Query for Excel” and then click “OK”.
- The Power Query add-in will now be available under the “Data” tab in Excel.
Note: The steps may vary slightly depending on the version of Excel you are using on your Mac. If you are unable to find the Power Query add-in, you may need to download and install it from the Microsoft website.